Saturday, July 2, 2011

Birthdays

I love them.  I think that birthdays are important things.  I believe that they should be celebrated.  I feel deeply grateful that the people I love are in my life and that they were born in this world.

A friend of mine doesn't wish people happy birthday.  Instead she wishes them a Happy New Year.  Isn't that great?  I love that idea.  Birthdays really do mark the beginning of a new year for us.  They are a great moment to pause and reflect on the past year and set goals for the new year.

My birthday happens to also fall on the last day of the fiscal year.  This year this timing has created a strange juxtaposition of things for me because my birthday marks the last day of work for some people that are important to me.  More than many years in the past, my birthday feels like a marker of change for me life for some reason.

I am both terrified and excited about the next year.  I think that it has the potential to be really incredible.  I have big plans and hopes.  Bring on the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment