Monday, September 5, 2016

I'm jumping in


"If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don't want to be." - Dale Carnegie

"The process of becoming unstuck requires tremendous bravery, because basically we are completely changing our way of perceiving reality." - Pema Chodron

"We are all in the process of becoming." - Audre Lorde


I'm jumping back into my blog and I'm not going to wait for the perfect thing to say or the perfect thing to write.  Last year at a conference, my friend Caroline shared the idea that we are all in the process of becoming.  It isn't necessarily a novel concept but it stuck with me and in that moment struck me as profound and what I needed to hear. Over the last month the idea of being in the process of becoming has resonated in a new way and has sent me off into a new journey of taking that process and attempting to approach it more intentionally.  I am terrified of pulling back and diving in and finding the unknown.  I am trying to embrace my imperfections and truly identify what matters to me, who I am, what I believe.  I think that I know the answers to these questions.  

I don't want to let my life pass by thoughtlessly.  I don't want to feed one part of my life and starve other parts of it.  I want to make decisions that are driven by my heart and my mind, that are driven by purpose and intention, that are moving me forward in my becoming and not based on fear of failure or fear of success.  

I have been moving the "restart my blog" line on my get-to list for days now.  I have made countless excuses for not just starting it and today I am stopping those excuses.  I am jumping in... even if the water is cold, the first step is often the hardest.  

I will be posting 3 to 4 times a week on things that I learn, I see, I do in this process.  I have no idea where it will lead, I don't know where I am going, I am becoming along the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment