Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The internet

So, the internet is insane.  Yesterday I posted about Chobani Yogurt and my love for it.  When I looked at the blog yesterday, I had a comment from "Emily @ Chobani".  WHAT?!  That is crazy.  How did they know I posted about them?  Is there some electronic tech thing that alerts them when their product is talked about online?  Was I violating some sort of crazy trademark law?  Insane.

They seemed to like my comment and said I filled them with sunshine.  Isn't that nice?  Maybe they'll post my words on their website and I'll get coupons for Free Chobani or a years supply of Chobani.  LOL.  That would make me both very happy and laugh hilariously.

The other CRAZY thing about the internet is connected to the yogurt and to this blog.  I was flabbergasted by the comment on my post that I posted my flabbergast on facebook.  (I recognize that flabbergast may not be a noun but I think that if you can be flabbergasted then a flabbergast must make you feel such a thing.  Just like if you can be disgruntled, then you must also be able to be gruntled. IMHO.  lol)

So I posted it on facebook and in mere moments, I had 63 people view my blog.  At first I couldn't figure out how people even knew the site of my blog if I didn't tell them - then I remembered that it was on my facebook profile.  Insane.

The internet is a small and crazy world.  I would have done the same thing if someone had posted the message I posted on facebook.  I would have immediately followed the link and checked it out.  I do it all the time.

Sometimes though, I am just blown away by the rapidity of things on the internet and how absolutely connected we can really be.

No comments:

Post a Comment