Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring may come after all

I usually like the winter.  I prefer the colder temperatures.  The snow doesn't bug me too much.  I could do without below freezing temps, but mostly I like winter.

I have to say though, I have had enough.  I am tired of the cold and the snow.  I am tired of the winter.  I am done.  I want spring.

Tonight at 9:15pm the Ledyard Bank temperature jumbotron said that the temperature was 51 degrees.  Perhaps spring is around the corner.  I am not crazy enough to believe that we won't have one more giant snow storm but I am hoping that spring time is just around the bend.

For now, I'll enjoy an evening where I can walk from the car to the grocery store in just my sweater and scarf and not become hypothermic.

*************************
Update: As I said, I was not crazy enough to believe that it was the end of the winter weather and *sigh* today we are supposed to get a big ole stupid snow storm.  Ah well.  I have heat and boots and all that good stuff, so I can weather one more storm but I a ready for it to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment