Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beautiful day in the neighborhood...

A beautiful day to be thankful.  Today my thankful list includes:
  • Students making informed and conscious choices rather than being swept away in the tide.  I have to admit that I am so proud of some of my students right now.  They made the choices that were right for them even when those choices were challenging, unpopular and/or downright uncomfortable. 
  • Amazing interns.  I have been blessed to have excellent interns past and present.  I have a deep respect for the abilities of students and for what they can accomplish when given the opportunity.  
  • BBQ sauce - it is delicious on most things. 
  • Incredible weather.   We have been having the most incredible weather in the last few days.  On days like today I wish that I had a hammock to swing on all day with a great book.  
  • Republican debates.  Political views aside, it is a pretty cool experience to have the presidential debates in your own backyard.  It is cool to see students excited about it and engaged in the conversation.  It is awesome to see them debating issues, protesting inequality and just being completely present.  
  •   Being able to help students that need it.  I am deeply blessed that I get to be there for students when they need a shoulder to lean on. 
  • Having the very best friend anyone in the world could ever ask for.  Just the absolute best.

1 comment:

  1. I read that as "Republican diabetes" and thought, "well, that's a little mean!"

    ReplyDelete