Monday, October 10, 2011

What a difference a year can make...

I started this blog a little over a year ago on a quest to find the joy in my life.  I wanted to make sure that I was stopping and noticing all of the wonderful things in my life.  It was an experiment.  This blog was my attempt to hold my self accountable to laughter, fun, delight, pleasure, peace, calm, amusement, wonder, satisfaction, hilarity, ridiculousness, bliss - in a word joy.  It was a challenge for me some days because my natural tendency is to to pull into myself.  It was challenging to get out of my own way and own my emotions and to put my heart out into the world freely and with little restraint.

I haven't written in a few months.  Life has been wonderful.  My summer was outstanding.  I had a great time.  Despite the departure of my dear friends from Hanover, I continued to find the happiness.  I found beauty in every day things.  I spent time with the people that mattered to me.  I did things that I loved and I worked on projects that mattered.

As the school year begins, I find my life changing again.  As usual, change is scary.  I am filled with doubt and questions and concerns.  I'm also excited, intrigued and anxious.  Someone told me today that all change is loss and that we must allow ourselves to mourn the things we are losing but make sure we find space for the new things that we are gaining.

So....as I enter another year of my life, my goal is to use this blog to help me find space for the new things in my life.  To find space for new joys, new adventures and new opportunities to learn.   Life is a highway....

No comments:

Post a Comment