Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Courage doesn't always roar.


I saw this post card today and it really resonated with me.  There is something so honest and courageous about taking stock of the day, accepting it for what it was and starting fresh in the morning.  It is challenging to let go of what was and start tomorrow with a commitment to being and doing better than the day before.  It is one of my personal goals to make each day better than the day before but I often get stuck in a cycle of yesterdays and find myself missing the now.   I often beat myself up over all the little things that went wrong or mistakes I made or things I should have done that I don't give myself the space to forgive myself and start again tomorrow.  I also don't give myself the space to remember that it is often worse in my own head than it was in reality.  Forgiving myself is the hardest thing I do but how important it is.  Admit, accept, grow and do better the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment