Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012

Can you believe it is 2012?

I can't.  10 years ago I had just moved back to New York City.  In fact, I moved back on New Year's Eve.  For some reason I was obsessed with starting the new year in New York.  I moved in with DN and as the clock struck midnight, he and I were on a subway trying to get to Brooklyn for what was quite possibly one of the most boring parties I have ever been to.  Ah well...memories...

We are two weeks into the new year and it has already been a roller coaster ride.  Lots of emotions.

My two promises to myself this year:
  1. Be Thankful - I want to count my blessings more than I dwell on pain, sadness or other negative emotions. 
  2. Be Healthy - I don't really mean this in exercise and eat well state, although that is certainly part of it.  I mean financially, emotionally, mentally.  I believe that if I can do more things that make my soul, mind and pocketbook healthy - then it will be easier to do things that make my heart and body healthier.  
Raise a glass to what is bound to be an incredible 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment