Friday, February 21, 2014

41 days and counting....

In 41 days I will be headed to Puerto Rico.  My friend TC and I are taking our moms on a much needed vacation.  We're going to Puerto Rico and spending 8 glorious days in the sunshine.  TC and I have splurged a bit on the trip. 

I'm really looking forward to it.  I have started to go to the website of La Concha Resort and look at the pictures.  I know that they are stock photos, so they may look nicer than the space could ever look, but I'm so excited. I'm excited to be in the sunshine.  I'm excited to unplug my phone and computer and enjoy 8 incredible days away from work. 

Mostly I am really excited that I am able to take this vacation and that I'm able to give my mom this vacation.  My mom deeply deserves a real vacation away from kids and sickness and hospitals.  She would never do this for herself nor could she afford it.  I'm glad that I'm in a place where I can do this for my mom.  I know that TC feels the same way about her mother. 

I have to admit that I have been kind of obnoxious about the whole thing.  I've been telling people at work about this vacation for almost 8 months now and making sure that everyone is aware of the fact that I plan on unplugging during this vacation. 

This morning it was 10 degrees outside but felt like -6 with the windchill.  In Puerto Rico it was 74 degrees. 

41 days...and counting...



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! You are doing something lovely for yourself and for your mom - and you both deserve it. Enjoy!

    M. :O)

    ReplyDelete