Sunday, January 19, 2014

52 Lists: the things you should be proud of

52 Lists
Week Three// List the Things You Should be Proud Of

I'm going to start by saying that I find this to be a really hard list to make.  I appreciate that it says the word "should".  I believe that there are probably a lot of things that I should be proud of but I find it really challenging to say those things out loud.  I find it even more challenging to not accompanying every single item on this list with a caveat or explanation.  Here goes my attempt to admit the things that I should be proud of without explanation, excuses, embarrassment, or caveats.

  •  Attending and finishing Dartmouth in 4 years
  • Asking the question "how are you" and standing still long enough to hear the answer
  • Helping a friend when they need it
  • Working with SLTP and making a difference in the lives of students
  • Not settling or lowering my expectations
  • Practicing kindness, especially when it is hard
  • Writing thank you notes
  • Getting out of debt and rebuilding my credit
  • Taking control of my health and exercising and eating better
  • Losing 80 pounds last year
  • Believing in Santa Claus
  • Building the FYSEP program and seeing its impact on students
  • Finding my career in student affairs and excelling at it
  • Being able to synthesize ideas
  • Helping my family
  • Moving away from home
  • Making it through some terrible situations without losing hope
  • Putting people before product

No comments:

Post a Comment