Sunday, September 26, 2010

The approaching winter

What I love about the approaching winter, and up here in NH it is approaching quickly, is that when there is a beautiful unseasonably warm day everyone takes advantage of it and gets outside.  

Yesterday was one of those days that was warm and sunny and reminds you that summer existed but winter is coming.  It was a day when everyone went outside to play and bask in the glow of the sun.  

I love fall in New Hampshire.  The days are warm - high 60s or low 70s - which for me is the perfect temperature.  The nights are cool.  It is the time when layers become necessary and we get to start wearing sweaters.  I like when it is cool enough that I need to pull out my scarves but not my coat.  I love scarves and gloves and hats but I dislike coats.  I don't know it is one of those strange things about be.  

Fall is my favorite season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment