Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oops I did it again...

Okay, so last night's episode of GLEE was all Britney, all the time....

First, I adore the show Glee.  I think it is clever, irreverent and hilarious...most of all I love the music.  I am one of those people that kind of wishes life was a musical.  I often want to break out into a song that is perfectly fits the mood of the occasion.  I want choreography.  I want harmonies.  I want costume changes and dramatic pauses.  I want dream sequences.

I have always felt this way.  Frankly, if you know me well you know that I actually do often break into song when the inspiration hits.

So I love Glee (to be clear though...I don't love High School Musical - just felt the need to make that crystal clear).

I also will admit that I have a deep affection for pop music, particularly late 90s and early 2000s pop music.  I know all the lyrics to Britney, Christina, *N'Sync, Backstreet Boys...etc..I am not ashamed to admit it.  So that the Britney episode was particularly dear to me.

High on the joy of the episode of Glee, my best friend and I spent tonight watching YouTube videos of our favorite pop classics.  We sang.  We danced. We remembered when.  Most of all we laughed and laughed and laughed.

There have been a lot of things since my last post that I wanted to write about and I will....but Britney - thanks for continuing to bring me joy years after you rocked our world with "Baby One More Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment