Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Unexpected reminders...

In my office there is a bowl of quotes.  All kinds of quotes about kindness, gratitude, friendship, diversity... Every few days I pull out a quote and I write it on the dry erase board on my door.  Today I pulled a quote that has been a part of my life for a long time:


"None of us is as smart as all of us." - Ken Blanchard


I pulled the quote out, read it and immediately started smiling.  SLTP, the Student Leadership Training Program, has been a part of my life since I was 13 years old and now I'm 31.  This program has shaped who I am and changed my life.  I hope I give it even a small piece of what it gives me.  This quote remains a reminder to our staff that together we are stronger and smarter than we are alone.  It is a lesson that is often missing from other parts of my life as members of organizations all try and be the best all by themselves.

The lesson that together we are better is one that we all need to understand more fully and embrace as part of making all aspects of our lives better.

Choosing that particular quote out of the bowl reminded me of all the wonderful people I have been lucky enough to work with through SLTP and the amazing experiences I have been lucky to have.  I am truly blessed to get to work with this group and this program.


**************
SHAMELESS PLUG:


If you are reading this and have or know children in grades 7-12, give them the opportunity to do something amazing and join the SLTP family.

www.sltp.info

I'm happy to answer questions.  :)

1 comment:

  1. And sltp is lucky to have you... as is dartmouth for the way you listen to and encourage and inspire every person you interact with ... one of the many reasons I love you...

    Oh and your contagious crazy warm and joyous laugh

    Ps... I love your blog... and you

    ReplyDelete