Sunday, January 23, 2011

Frank conversation

I have to admit that it makes me feel good when I am able to have a frank conversation with my family about uncomfortable things.

Today I had a conversation with my mom about living will and funeral preparations and stuff like that.  No one is dying.  This is not a conversation that was prompted by any imminent danger.  I just think it is important.  I think everyone should prepare and should have their wishes in writing.

Lots of people seem to think this is a morbid conversation...I think it is practical and important.  I am glad that my mom is open to having these conversations.  There are too many things that people don't talk about.  Too many things that go left unsaid in our lives.  I'm glad to have been able to have a real conversation about something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment