Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It Gets Better

I really love the "It Gets Better" campaign.  I think the message of hope is so important to people.  Hope that change can happen and that people can live through pain.  I hope that the teachers, parents, counselors, principals, politicians, etc really listen to the campaign because I believe that we can make it better TODAY.

We don't have to wait until we "get older" for things to get better.  We can use our words carefully NOW.  We can be kind, caring, compassionate and respectful TODAY.  We can DO SOMETHING to make things better now, so that more of our young people will live to see tomorrow when it can be even better.

I love the below video.  I especially love that the creator of it reminds us that it isn't just members of the LGBTQ community that get bullied but all sorts of people that are considered different.  I would add that bullying doesn't stop at the high school graduation but can continue into college and the workforce.

We must make it better. We can make a difference.  I truly believe that we can change things and make it okay....to be...to breathe...to live....to love...to dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment