Monday, January 3, 2011

Self Care: New Years Resolution Version

Everyone is going on and on about new years resolutions.  I don't really have a new years resolution but rather a continuation of this joy/self-care journey that I have been on.

  1. Floss my teeth at least once a day.
  2. Make sure there are no dirty dishes in the sink when I go to sleep. 
  3. Put lotion on to keep my skin from getting dry and cracked during the winter.
  4. Do one thing to pamper myself a week. 
  5. Laugh more than 5 times a day.
  6. Schedule time for reflection.
  7. Forgive myself more.
  8. Celebrate myself more (This one is from my friend FS.  He asked me about my resolutions and I told him number 5 and he said that he thought I should celebrate myself more.  He is correct!)
Those are my current steps to self-care & joy. Slowly making little bitty changes to make my life more joyful, more meaningful and more full of gratitude and love.  

Start with the small things...

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to celebrate you more too and help with laughing five times a day. Nothing funny has happened thus far...but as soon as something funny happens you'll be the first person I call. Hugs my secret lover! I'm still planning our first date...it's going to be one for the books baby!

    ReplyDelete