Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Letter to self

Today in the mail I got my letter to self.  Every summer at SLTP we write a letter to ourselves.  And every January we receive that letter.  I am always surprised, even when I know it is coming.  There is something strange about seeing your own handwriting in your mailbox.  The letter this year is so poignant to me right now.   It is as though I really had projected myself into the future and wrote exactly what my future self needed to hear. 

On July 17, 2010, I wrote:


Dear Self-


Thank you for taking the chance and the time to SLTP.  TLC was a great experience.  While the lessons were important what you really learned was about yourself.  Please remember the things you value. Please remember that the reason you are good at your job is because you care deeply and believe that the work you do makes a real and tangible difference in the world. I am sure that when you get this letter you will be busy.  Busy is goo as long as it is busy doing things you love.  Are you doing things you love? Have you allowed SLTP to slip to the back burner? Are you still singing karaoke?  Are you making change? Remember that you are not alone even when it feels like it.  You have a solid foundation - stand strong on it. 


Questions to ask yourself:
-- Is your apt. clean? Why not? 
-- Are you still exercising? 
-- Are you actively connecting to the world around you? 
-- Have you found love? Why not? 
-- Are you still loving your job more than you hate it? 
-- Are you building your friendships? 
-- Are you being true? 
-- Are you happy? 


I love you.  I don't always remember that but I do! I am pretty awesome. 


Love,
Liz

Such good questions I asked myself.  Important reminders to myself. 

Letters to self - another reason that I love mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment