Monday, December 6, 2010

Pensieve


Harry Potter: "What is it?"
Albus Dumbledore: "This? It is called a Pensieve. I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind."
— Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter discussing Dumbledore's Pensieve.
 
 The Harry Potter films have been on television a lot lately.  I love the books and tolerate the movies.  There a lot of magical things from Harry Potter that I would like in my own life.  I would like the time-turner Hermoine uses to add more time to her day.  I wish I had a hippogriff as a pet.  I would like the clock that Molly Weasley has on her wall that tells her where all her family is at any moment.  
All of those things I would like to have - but - the thing that I would like best is a pensieve.  I would like to pull out my thoughts and stick them in a bowl.  I would like to visit my best memories later in vivid color and revisit moments of challenge to reflect in a clearer way.  
ah well..tis not to be.  
And as I type this, I still cry as Dumbledore dies. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment