Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Self-Care

Attempting to take care of myself in any number of small, but important, ways..
  1. Went to the dentist.  It has been an unspeakable amount of time since I went to the dentist.  It was not pleasant but it was necessary and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Also, it only cost me $6.  I am SO blessed to have medical and dental insurance.  
  2. Purchased new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and mouthwash.  Apparently soft bristles are the way to go, alcohol-free mouthwash and FLOSS.  I dislike flossing but I like teeth...necessary evils
  3. Got my haircut.  Needed a trim.  I told the stylist to do whatever she wanted.  It looks cute.  it is just hair.  :)
Remaining things to be completed:
  1. Eyebrows waxed - didn't have time to do it when I was getting my hair cut
  2. Start swimming again.  Attempting to figure out how to make it happen without a car but where there is a will there is a way
  3. Laundry
Continuing ways of self-care:
  1. Karaoke
  2. Glee
  3. BFF & other friends
  4. LAUGH
Things in the new year:
  1. Leave work at a reasonable (to be determined what that means) hour
  2. eat more veggies
 Reminder to myself: taking care of myself is not selfish it is necessary.  yay to personal care and growth.

1 comment: