Monday, December 27, 2010

A very happy Christmas

It was really nice to go home and see my family.  I have missed my mom.  Christmas is a good time at my house because all of the petty squabbling and stuff is put aside.  We have always taken the Christmas holiday as a way to be happy with each other's company and to indulge in small pleasures.  It is something that I am trying to do more often now.

Growing up we never had money but we always had music, laughter and games.  It is the thing that we return to every holiday.  We put aside all the strife and the pain and the struggle and remember the small things that bring us joy and join our family. 

We colored in coloring books with Annalisse.  We played Yahtzee.  We watched Iron Chef America.  We had Jello shots.  We laughed.  We danced around to all types of music.  We ate good food.  We baked.  It was a really wonderful time.

My family is struggling and it makes me sad. I do what I can for them.  I love them dearly.

I am very grateful for having them in my life and for the gift of laughter.  Despite everything going on in the world, in our lives - we always found ways to laugh. 

I was reminded this Christmas of this gift that my mother gave me.  It is something I hold precious and dear to my heart. 

It was a very happy Christmas indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment