Monday, December 27, 2010

Santa Claus

I have said before that I believe in Santa Claus.  I don't believe that there is truly a jolly ole man in a red suit that has flying reindeer and delivers gifts in one night by sliding down chimneys.   I do believe in the power of that image though.

I have engaged in discussion about whether telling kids about Santa Claus is lying to them.  I can see how it can be considered lying but it is a story that I would tell every kid.  It isn't about presents but about joy and laughter.  Santa is about imagination and belief and magic.

I believe in imagination and belief and magic.  I believe in kindness and joy and connection.

Santa is all of those things.  The story of Santa is a story that imagines all of us connected to each other.

It was fun to see my niece enjoy the story of Santa Claus and see her believing and imagining.  I believe in Santa Claus.



"I Believe in Santa Claus" From Year Without a Santa Claus"

No comments:

Post a Comment