Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I believe…

  • …in the power of laughter.
  • …that each day begins fresh.
  • …that attitude is a choice.
  • …in the power of praise to build people’s self-esteem.
  • …that one person can make a difference.
  • …that my actions, though small, matter and can cause ripples.
  • …that in many ways I am linked to the people around me.
  • …in moments of pure joy, deep sorrow, and all the spaces in between.
  • …that people are part of our lives for a reason and we should choose to learn as much from them as possible.
  • …that there are millions more things that I do not understand than things that I do.
  • …that there are things bigger than me.
  • …that there are things out of my control and things that I will never be able to explain.
  • …that the word friend is special and should be used with care and love.
  • …in my friends.
  • …that the body and mind are linked and both must be taken care of.
  • …in shoes and finding the right pair.
  • …in the power of the ocean.
  • …that I can find my center, if I close my eyes, breathe and listen carefully.
  • …that people live up to expectations we have – good or bad.
  • …in taking a step back to calm down before confronting someone.
  • …that I am much better able to explain things in writing than by speaking.
  • …in tears.
  • …a good book or movie can hit you in a place that is deep and meaningful and help you understand something true about yourself.
  • …in fairy tales, angels, Santa Claus, the Tooth fairy, The Easter Bunny – not because I believe they exist but because I believe in the power and beauty of imagination.
  • …in crayons and construction paper.
  • …that life would be better as a musical.
  • …in the frailty and strength of humanity.
  • …that there might be something to astrological signs.
  • …in paper cranes.
  • …that if I have the ability, then I should respond.
  • …that I will make someone an excellent life partner…someday.
  • …that there are two kinds of families, the ones you are born into and the ones you make yourself – and that the latter often give you more than the former.
  • …in journals.
  • …that a good night’s sleep makes the morning brighter.
  • …in the power of names.
  • …that the first step to building a good environment is smiles and laughter.
  • …in writing things down.
  • …that every day I am more able to make healthy and wise choices.
  • …in the beauty of memories.
  • …in making lists.
  • …that honesty can be a tool used to harm as well as heal.
  • …that eating 12 grapes before midnight on new years eve will bring me good luck.
  • …that you can love someone with no expectations, but it is hard work.
  • …that I may never have the answers I seek.
  • …that in a relationship you should feel more happy than not.
  • …that I am a small piece of a very large puzzle.

1 comment:

  1. I love this list! Thanks again for reminding me about what's most important too. And for making me smile.... and laugh out loud at times too!!
    :) KJ

    ReplyDelete