Monday, October 11, 2010

Football Game

I don't understand football.  I used to watch it when I was younger, 9 or 10, because I was in love with Dan Marino from the Miami Dolphins.  I thought he was "super cute" and "super nice".  Now I think most sports are boring to watch on television.  Most of the time it feels like we are just watching people stand around on a field waiting for something to happen.  My dislike of watching sports on television was a real hit to my friendship with SI. SI LOVES sports.  I also just realized that her initials are SI=Sports Illustrated.  HAHA, I am cracking myself up.  Well, she loves to watch the sports on television and she especially loves football.  We got into a heated debate where I repeatedly stated my opinion about it being BORING!

What I will do is watch live sports.  I like to go to games because even when people are just standing around the field waiting for a ball to come their way, there is lots of other things to watch.  Frankly, I could probably watch college athletics live any time because all the players get so excited and are so invested.  Professional athletics seems so pretentious and the players start to seem very egotistical.

All this to say is that I met SI at a football game this weekend.  I knew when we scored and that is about it. I cheered when everyone else on our side cheered and promptly asked why we were cheering.  SI found it very amusing that I called a flag a "yellow flag" every time it was thrown.  Apparently, in football there are only yellow flags, so there is no need to name the color.  Still I wasn't wrong...the flag is yellow.

It was a beautiful day.  There was some great people watching.  The game was close and tied until the last 4 seconds.  All in all a very enjoyable afternoon.

I took pictures... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment