Friday, October 15, 2010

Unexpected gifts...

Today I walked out my office for the glamorous task of showing a student a closet that needed to be cleaned and resorted.  Once that was done I had a hankering for a chocolate bar, so I stopped in Topside and bought a Hershey's Chocolate bar and a York Peppermint Patty.  I rode the elevator up to the 3rd floor from the basement singing some song that I can't even remember now.  I walked spryly down the hallway and offer JC, our administrative assistant, her choice of candy.  She took the peppermint patty and made a joke about eating it on a lily pad.  I'm not really sure what that was about.  I walk through the office suite, weaving in and out of furniture and turn into my office.  On my office chair is a package.  I open it and inside is the COMPLETE SERIES OF THE GILMORE GIRLS!! You may remember that just days ago I wrote about how I love the series and wanted the series. 

The note attached to the gift simply said "Liz - These are for you - Enjoy!".  There was no name.  No identifying marks.  There was no information!  Naturally I immediately proceeded to interrogate JC about who dropped it off and when and why.  She was like a member of the CIA or some other special ops force trained to not divulge secrets.

I have no idea who sent the package.  I can only assume that it is someone that reads this blog or at least read the blog on Monday.  If you are reading this....thank you.  I don't know why you sent it but it is a lovely gift.  I would really like to know who sent it and be able to thank you more fully, so feel free to reveal your identity.  :)

Seriously,  Thank you very much.  It is a lovely and unexpected gift on a day full of lovely and unexpected moments.




Oh....and I almost forgot...I would also love ONE MILLION DOLLARS!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment