Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little reminders...

Right at this minute I should be sitting in Marshfield, Massachusetts at a training for SLTP.  I have been having a series of unfortunate car events in the last year or so and today was no exception.  Instead of being there, I am here at home.  I will admit that I was decidedly bummed about missing the meeting.  

I decided that it was time to clean my house from top to bottom.  Clean out the drawers and sort through clothes, etc, etc, etc...

In my cleaning I discovered a book hidden in a pile of books on my nightstand called "On Joy".  It is one of those books full of quotes and bits of wisdom.  I flipped through the book and realized that I had at some point even marked certain quotes or statements.  It was a reminder of the promise I had made to myself about finding joy even when, or especially when, I'm upset or disappointed. 

Sometimes life sends us little reminders....

Here is one of the pieces I had marked:

"Never be ashamed of laughter that is too loud or singing that's too joyful."

I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment