Friday, October 22, 2010

Homage to my BFF

In my last entry I noted that i had to work very hard to not make this blog an homage to karaoke, my BFF and glee...

Well, today deserves an homage to my BFF.

Today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, day...I woke up after barely sleeping in a foul and unhappy mood.  When I am in a bad mood, I get irritable, snappy, grumpy, yucky, and other unfavorable dwarfs (is the plural of dwarf, dwarfs or dwarves?  hmmm..). I can also become a bit weepy.  Some of you may not know this about me because I work very hard to keep this less pleasant side hidden.  I mostly do a good job.  I attempt to avoid hitting innocent bystanders with unsavory pieces of shrapnel (did I use that word correctly?).  So, when I am in a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mood...my very dear BFF often bears the brunt of this unfortunate state of my being.  Today was just such a day.  In honor my wonderful BFF, I write this blog entry in homage to him and the wonderful things that make him my BFF...

  • he has impromptu dance parties with me
  • he sends me hilarious jokes via email
  • he lets me cry my eyes out, rant and rave, sit in silence
  • he gives the best hugs and knows just how long they need to last to provide maximum hugging impact
  • he knows me as well as anyone in the world and knows how I am feeling without me saying anything
  • he has the patience of a saint because sometimes it takes me a LONG time to open up about things
  • he is never afraid to give me a reality check when I need it and to say the difficult things that need to be said
  • he sees all my bruised and damaged pieces and loves me because of those and not in spite of them
  • he thinks my jokes are funny
  • he loves music as much as I do
  • he turns regular seemingly harmless lyrics into dirty lyrics (i find this endlessly entertaining)
  • he is kind, caring, trustworthy, brilliant, fabulous
  • he enjoys a good martini
  • he and I can sit in silence or talk for hours
  • he lets me be myself, even when that isn't so pretty
  • he can turn a blah day into an incredible one
  • he makes me laugh
  • he likes to find the answers to things, whether they be profound or mundane (wikipedia & google are our friends)
  • he is generous
  • he is wonderful
I am so thankful to have him in my life and I could not ask for a better. best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment