Wednesday, November 10, 2010

JEM!

Oh my goodness.  There are days when I feel very old talking to students.  Today I mentioned Jem and the Holograms and no one knew what I was talking about.  One of my students was telling me about the fact that she wakes up in the morning and thinks, "today I'll be Biker Barbie."  Her statement made me think of Jem and a song she used to sing called "Mood I'm In".



I used to own Jem's music on tape and would listen to them all the time.  I adored Jem.  I liked her computer Synergy.  I liked that Jem's boyfriend Rio had purple hair.  I liked the rival band "The Misfits". 



Jem was such a good show.  When it comes to cartoons, I will admit that I have quite a nostalgia for the days of yore

ThunderCats



He-Man



The Snorks



OMG! I just thought of the Wuzzles. I adored the Wuzzles...It was an obscure and random show but I loved it and remember it fondly



holy crap! This just made me think of Zoobilee Zoo.



And of course, there was the classic Kids Incorporated...Martika, Fergie...that girl from that girl group "Wild orchids" or was it "Wild Horses" hmm...All from Kids Incorporated. Jennfer love Hewitt was on the show briefly..



Oh goodness..I could do this forever.  I clearly digressed from cartoons...Such good memories from my younger years.

No comments:

Post a Comment