Thursday, November 4, 2010

Old journals

For some reason last night I decided to reread some old journals.  They are incredible.  First, I was super melodramatic at times.  Some of the "drama" going on in my life back in the day makes me laugh a lot.

There is something incredible about old journals.  They have all this history of things that I have forgotten.  There are these moments in the journals that were so important in the moment but I don't actually remember those moments until I was triggered by reading it in the journal.  Some of those thoughts consumed huge chunks of my time and energy and were so unproductive.

What is nice about looking back on the things I used to write is that I can actually see that in many substantial ways my life has changed and I have changed.  For the most part, those changes are in good ways.  It is nice to see evidence of growth.  I like to see that I have been able top change patterns of crazy behavior.  It is also interesting that there are some things that drove me crazy when I was 12 that still drive me crazy at 31 and will probably still make me nuts at 87.  I also discovered that no matter what age I am much more angry when people that I love are mistreated than I do when I am mistreated.

No comments:

Post a Comment