Tuesday, November 9, 2010

School pictures

What is it about school pictures that just makes us awkward looking?

I adore my niece.  I think she is beautiful.  I am curious where her upper lip went in this picture.  My mother has a folder of school pictures that are a chronology of haircuts and clothing styles.  They show my years of wearing hyper-color shirts, giant door-knocker earrings and lace bows in my hair.  Then there is the year of the afro-mullet.  Yes...I had a haircut worse than a regular mullet - an afro-mullet.  Just awful awkward smiles and uncomfortable eye twitches.  Clothes that were too itchy or too "cool".

School pictures are the a history of us trying to look our best and failing miserably.

And here is to my niece.  I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment