Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Okay, so my family will be here tonight for the Thanksgiving break.  So many things to do.  So many things to be joyful and thankful about.

I will have pictures of my first T-Day feast that I prepare and stories of the family visit.

On this Thanksgiving break, I am thankful for:

  • this bog
  • my students
  • the little, unexpected and hilarious moments
  • Gilmore Girls
  • Glee
  • SLTP - Can't wait until Saturday!
  • Ovens big enough to cook a turkey and a ham
  • Days with no meetings
  • my family of birth
  • scarves
  • reusable grocery bags
  • vacuums
  • books & libraries
  • youtube.com
  • Elixir
  • pinky swears
  • holiday music & holiday decorations
  • internet radio
  • cute shoes
  • knowing that people care
  • my BFF & family of choice
  • forgiveness
  • love
I am truly blessed to have the amazing people I have in my life.  It sometimes feels lonely in my everyday life but then I remember that my deepest connections are often to people that live far from where I am.  I am thankful to be doing work that is fulfilling and gives me deep satisfaction.  I am blessed to have a roof over my head, food in my fridge and a few extra bucks to buy a drink at the bar.  I am deeply grateful for the care and love I have received over the years of my life, particularly this year.  

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment