Saturday, November 6, 2010

November means

that I can start listening to holiday music without being mocked a lot.  Until Thanksgiving, there will be holiday naysayers BUT I don't care.

I love this time of year.  I love holiday music. I love Dean Martin crooning Baby, Its cold outside to Doris Day.  There is nothing quite like Bing Crosby singing White ChristmasEartha Kitt as she purrs Santa Baby.  Little Michael Jackson as he catches Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.  Contemporary classics like All I want for Christmas is you, Grandma Got run over by a Reindeer....And of course the always crowd favorite The Chipmunks singing Don't be Late....

I love holiday specials on television.  I love christmas lights twinkling.  I like the sparkles.  I like the crisp air.  I light that main streets across the country put up giant lit bows and wrap their lampposts with garland.  I love Christmas trees and sugar cookies.  I like holiday decorations and pine scents.  I love Santa Claus and rudolph.  I love hanging stockings.

November 1 thru January 6 make me very happy!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I love me some christmas time. the rest of the year is just about getting ready :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz! I love this post and I too love the holiday season! I read a few more of your posts too and I love how happy they are! They make me happy too!! :) I hope you're doing well, it certainly sounds like it!!

    7
    Danielle B.

    ReplyDelete