Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Skipping School

This morning I got a call from my niece.  My niece is 5 years old.  This is her first year in kindergarten and she LOVES school.  She had a fever and was sick and still wanted to go to school.  There has been no moment that has made her think...hmmm...maybe I should skip school today.

UNTIL

this morning...

She called me and the conversation went like this...

Niece: Titi, I don't have to go to school today and we can go to New Hampshire now.

Me: No, you have to go to school and when school is over you can come to New Hampshire.  Titi has to work today too.

Niece:  Titi, we can pretend to be absent.

Me: (holding back laughter) No Nana, you have to go to school.  I will see you later today after school.

Niece: (sigh) Okay Titi.  Bye bye. I love you.

Me: Love you too.

And boy do I love her.  :)  Can't wait to see her.  She should be here in 3 hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment